Topo (patent-pending) is an Ergodriven product:
Topo Main Points:
- The first ever mat designed specifically for standing desks (current market offerings are just kitchen mats with "great for standing desks" added to the product description).
- Topo's calculated terrain features drive dynamic standing - more movement, more postures and positions means healthier people.
- Just like humans aren't designed to sit, humans aren't designed to stand still on flat ground.
- Current market offerings are designed to virtually stick to slick kitchen floors. At a standing desk, most users are on carpet, and those aggressive "anti-slip" bottoms make moving the mat a huge hassle. As adjustable sit-stand desks become more popular, this drives users insane, because they need to bend down and pick the mat up to move it every time they adjust the desk height.
- Topo is designed to be easily repositioned with just your feet - but stay put once you're standing on it.
- To ensure a fair price for early adopters while covering our production capital costs, we ran a wildly successful pre-sales campaign, selling over 1000 mats in 30 days.
- Wondering why we didn't use Kickstarter for Topo? Read more here.
- Topo is currently available:
- Addressing the secret problem with standing desks (which is too little movement, blood pooling)
- This mat delivers the standing desk benefits we were all promised
- Base Assumptions: Why Should Floor be Flat?
- A Better Floor that Drives You to Move More
- The First Ever Mat Designed Specifically for Standing Desks
- Breaking the Mold: UnFlat Floors and Kicking Kickstarter
What Beta Testers Have Said:
- "Why hasn't someone thought of this sooner? I like how my feet seem to keep moving while working, and it helps me stand longer." -Kale | 23andMe
- "I love this mat! It's also a great stretching tool after a long day of work and ballet class." -Heba | Ballet Studio Owner
- "Awesome mat. I used to rarely raise up my sit-stand desk, but this mat has helped me keep it standing all day. I like the front two raised sections and the tear drop center." -Matt | Box
- "There's nothing on the market like this. I like the raised back section to stretch my calves throughout the day." -Dustin | Tesla
- "Topo unlocks a ton of new standing work positions. I feel great. This is Jason Bourne's standing mat." -Collin | Ergo Depot
About the Company - Ergodriven
- Founded in 2013 by Kit Perkins (CEO) and Ryan Feeley (CTO), Ergodriven designs environments that drive human health and performance. Improving office ergonomics is a fantastic starting point for our enormous vision.
- Topo is Ergodriven's first hardware product, but they've been churning out free tools and content through a partnership with QuittingSitting.com
- Kit Perkins grew up in Cupertino, CA with a passion for building things. During his years studying Mechanical Engineering at Cal Poly SLO, he slowly realized more and more just how large the chasm is between human design and the modern human environment.
- Ryan Feeley hails from Kansas, and headed out west for a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from UC Berkeley. He is an absolutely brilliant engineer, with years of experience as an expert consultant molding his deep practical science ability. You can find him sprinting barefoot at local parks covered in strange sensors.
Further Background on Sitting vs. Standing:
For questions, media requests, or help with a story, email firstname.lastname@example.org